We’ve all been there in those spaces in time when we silenced our voices and opinions because of the bullying energy of others around us. It could be well-meaning co-workers or bosses, partners or friends, parents or siblings.
For years, I didn’t say clearly what I believed, or express the person I am for two reasons; first because there was always a level of watching, snooping, spying, assessing and judging by certain people in my life; and second, they came to conclusions about my beliefs and how I live, followed by using the circumstances to be victims and perpetrate me as the bad guy for actually having educated opinions. The problem was that I used my god-given voice and that was equated to not approving or supporting the other parties.
Isn’t that a win-win situation?
I know I was being watched and assessed because I was a master at reading energy even before I had those words for it.
The lessons here are numerous and they’re still coming through but the biggest one is that I will not be silenced nor bullied into being anything less than the extraordinary being I am.
Neither should you.
I want to give you some practices that can help you glide through these types of uncomfortable times.
- Don’t hide your rage, don’t suck it up, don’t stifle it down. You need an outlet here; for me, it is grounding practices and having a network of women that can take whatever shit I need to unload, remain clear and not get sucked into the drama, then stay solid to talk me through it.
- Identify where you feel this energetically in your body. For me, it’s in the high Solar Plexus region at the Heart Point (which is the based of the sternum) and it shoots up to my Throat Center having a constricting feeling.
- Place your hands on the areas of contraction. (I’m going to stick with the Solar Plexus and Throat here to keep this simple.)
- Start with the trigger area (Solar plexus in this case), then breathe white or gold light into the region while letting go of the contractions you are holding in these areas. Move to the next energy center (Throat) and do the same.
- Next, stand up, stand in the Wonder Woman pose for 2 minutes, researched by Amy Cuddy: learn more here: Amy Cuddy: Turning the Power Back On
This can be a quick process or it can take a few minutes. You are calming down your body’s automatic response to feeling threatened. This can appear and Flight, Fight or Freeze. For most women, it is the response of Freeze, where they make themselves small and disappear to be safe.
I want to reassure you that you are more powerful than you know and that strength comes from inside. No one ever will give you what you need if you can’t provide it for yourself. This is the basis of your sovereignty, and it starts in the body.
You don’t have to change other’s behavior, in fact, it is impossible unless they want to change. What you can do is become an energetic powerhouse in your own body to help you navigate people that have messy and rude boundaries.